Last Revision: April 4, 2014
2. Any access or use of the Website and/or Services shall be deemed the user’s acceptance of this Policy and Collavate's Terms and Conditions of Use.
3. Collavate collects information provided by users or obtained from other sources for purposes of providing Services to the users. Such information may be collected and used or disclosed in the ways described below.
4. Collavate collects a user's information provided by the user when the user contacts Collavate or makes an application for the Services. In particular, the user's personal information, including contact details (address, telephone, fax, and mobile phone numbers, email address, and etc.) and payment details (bank account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, and etc.) in addition to the user’s full name, ID/passport, and number etc, may be collected when the user makes an application to Collavate for the Services.
5. Collavate may collect a user's financial Information via the Website whenever a user makes payment or transfers funds. The financial information received from the user shall be treated as strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
6. Collavate may use the user's personal information for the primary purpose that such personal information was collected in accordance with and to the extent of applicable laws and rules. Collavate is required to submit the user's full name, telephone and fax numbers, and email address, postal address and etc. to the relevant registry when the user applies to Collavate to register, renew, or transfer a domain name. Collavate may also use the user's information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection where and in the manner the user would reasonably expect that his/her/its information would be used.
7. Collavate may be allowed to use or disclose the user's personal information when: (i) the user provides its consent, (ii) Collavate reasonably believes that it is necessary for preventing a serious, immediate danger to a person's or the general public's health or safety, (iii) Collavate reasonably believes that an unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure of such information to the relevant authorities is reasonably deemed necessary, and (iv) the use or disclosure is required under or authorized by laws, such as to comply with a warrant or other legal proceedings.
8. The Website may contain links to third party websites that may collect the user's information. Collavate has no responsibility for the privacy practices of others or the content of web sites that are linked to the Website.
9. Collavate shall use its best efforts to have reliable security measures to protect the user's information from loss, damage or alteration.
10. Collavate may destroy a user's personal information at Collavate’s sole discretion when it is believed to be no longer required.
11. Collavate retains the user's personal information to verify transactions and the user details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes.
12. The Website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to safeguard the user's personal information. Although Collavate will have taken all reasonable steps to protect the user's personal information by adopting SSL technology, we cannot guaranty the full security of any information transmitted to or from the Website. In this regard, the user shall be solely responsible for keeping passwords and/or other account information secure, and user should take all reasonable steps to do so.
13. Collavate shall be required to disclose some of the user's personal information to "WHOIS service system" (i.e. the standard feature of domain name systems around the world) according to the Registrar Agreement, and in accordance with applicable laws.
14. Maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our Website users is the essential for Collavate to provide the Services in a timely and effective manner. Users must keep their personal information current and update such information whenever changes occur. Failure to do so may result in your not receiving timely renewal notices, consumer alerts, and other related correspondence. To update your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com
15. A user may access his/her/its personal information kept by Collavate only after the user has satisfied the requirements of Collavate’s identity verification processes.
16. Collavate may transfer a user's personal information to a third party in a foreign country if such transfer is permitted by United States Privacy Principles. If you are located in a country other than the country in which our servers are located, your communications with us may result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting our Website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to such transfers.
17. Collavate may from time to time review and change the contents of this Policy at its sole discretion. Collavate will try to provide prior notice of any amendments or changes to this Policy and such amendments and changes shall become effective as posted on the Website.
18. If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (unless Collavate expressly requests otherwise).
19. This Policy is subject to the applicable laws and regulations of the laws of the State of California and the United States of America governing the privacy of personal information by businesses.